7 Creative Ways to Save Time on Social Media Management
Social media is a lot like that over-caffeinated friend – it just never sleeps. No matter what day or time, social media is on and so is your audience. This presents unique challenges with social media management, especially for smaller business who struggle with finding enough time in the day to tend to their regular operations, let alone social media.
There are few tricks that will streamline and save time on social media management. Here are 7 that are guaranteed sanity savers.
- Take advantage of scheduling tools. It’s impossible to schedule your day around when you should be posting on social media to reach the largest portion of your audience. Depending on the social network, this could mean stopping what your doing several times a week to multiple times a day. Save yourself the headache by using tools like Hootsuite, Buffer or SproutSocial to schedule posts for publication. Some networks, like Facebook, have scheduling tools built right into the platform.
- Focus on quality, not quantity. Content that’s lacking in quality costs you more time in the long run. For example, if you rushed to create a post and it contained errors, you’re going to spend time responding to followers who are confused. Poor quality also equals more time spent on reputation management, so spare yourself and focus on quality first. Plus, great content lasts longer and can withstand a few repeat posts when you’re short on time.
- Curate content using an RSS feed. You don’t need to create all the content you share on social media yourself. In fact, finding a blog you love to follow and then sharing it with your audience is a great way to build relationships. It’s smart to set up RRS feeds so that new content from your favorite creators is automatically posted to your social media feed.
- There’s a lot of data out there – use it! How often you should be posting on social media depends on several factors. But, there’s no reason to put in the effort of posting frequently or at off times if it’s not worth it. Use data to discover the frequency and optimal times for posting on each network.
- Keep an eye on trending topics. Your goal is drive traffic to your website by getting attention from your target market on social media. This means that content that attention grabbing content is key for not working harder than you need to for those results. Keep your eye on trending topics for ideas that capture attention and encourage sharing – just make sure that there’s some relevancy there for your audience.
- Engage. If you want to generate interaction on social media with minimal effort, sometimes you need to make the first move. Stop putting all your time and effort into everything that goes on behind the scenes and get out there and engage with your followers and other businesses – others will notice.
- Create a library. Simplify your life by keeping a library of great evergreen content that can be shared at any time, along with memes, quotes and images that you can grab when you need a quick idea for a post.
Connect with a Social Media Marketing Company
Maintaining an active social media is a huge task, and even with all the time saving strategies in the world, it’s can be overwhelming for growing businesses. Don’t let a lack of time keep you from building your brand on social media. Contact BeeSmart Social Media to learn more about what our social media management services can do for you.